I LOVE my journals. I love venting hopes and fears and then going back and re-reading them so that I can see how far I’ve come. Sometimes, though, I’m more interested in the day to day of what my life used to be like than the huge events that occurred. For example, a couple of times a year I like to record how much money is in my bank account. It’s fun to go back and read that prompt and see how much my savings has grown, or how thankful I was to have a savings when an emergency came up.
Here are my top 25 journal prompts to really record who you are and what your life is like day to day:
- How much money do you currently have in your checking account? Savings account? Investments? In cash?
- What 10 hygiene items can you not live without?
- What is your current favorite movie?
- What book/magazine are you reading? Do you like it?
- What’s your address? Describe the details of your home.
- What 2 treats could you eat every day?
- What time do you wake up?
- What time do you go to bed?
- Do you have an exercise routine?
- What hairstyle do you use the most?
- Do you have kids or pets? What’s one thing they did today that made you smile?
- Which TV show are you currently watching?
- If your house is on fire and you can only take 10 things with you, what would they be?
- Which household chore do you absolutely detest? Which one do you enjoy doing?
- What color are your toes currently painted?
- Where was the last place you went?
- What inspires and motivates you?
- What song best describes your life right now?
- What project/goal are you currently working on?
- Are you a night owl or early bird?
- Who was the last person that you texted?
- What brand of computer do you own?
- What make/model/year is your vehicle?
- What 3 weird things do you like? (For example, I love the smell of sharpie markers)
- When was the last time you tried something new? What was it?
Some of these prompts are small and relatively inconsequential, but it’s fun going back and reading who you were at that stage in life. You can also check out this post for 11 types of journals you can write in.