I’m not at all a fan of any kind of bad smell, and good hygiene habits are so important for your health! When I started to create my baby registry hygiene items were at the top of the list, and these were our favorite items for keeping our baby clean and healthy.
*Disclaimer-This post may contain affiliate links, but every link leads you to products that I have used and love! Running a blog is not cheap and turning the links into affiliates helps to off-set the cost. Read the full disclosure here. *
- Toothbrush/Teether– I love this one because it’s a great teether and you can use to as a toothbrush once teeth start coming in.
- California Baby Shampoo– I’m very picky about which products I use in my home, especially on my baby. I’ve actually looked up every single ingredient on the back of the more popular and cheaper shampoo brands and I was horrified at what I’d been putting on my baby, so I looked up the California Baby brand and was satisfied with their ingredient list. I made the brand switch and never looked back. This is the one I currently use California Swimmers Defense Shampoo & Bodywash. Burt’s Bees is another natural brand. Keep in mind, some labels claim to be “natural” but they really aren’t. Look up the ingredient list to be sure. You can use the app “Think Dirty” to scan product barcodes and it will give you a rating of 1-10 of just how natural and healthy a product is, as well as the ingredient list and how harmful the ingredient is.
- Homemade Lotion– I love California Baby and Burt’s Bees brands but they can be pricey! I make my own all natural lotion now and it’s amazing! Read this post on how to make it, and this one about how I used it during my pregnancy and didn’t get a single stretch mark!
- Fingernail clippers- I learned that those tiny baby fingernail clippers are TERRIBLE to use. They are impossible to hold unto, and the adult ones work fine.
- Q-tips- I use these safety swabs because they prevent you from going too far into the baby’s ear, which can be damaging.
- Wipes– Besides the normal diaper changing purposes, wipes are great to have on hand for spills, sticky fingers, and messy faces.
Check out this post for more information on what bath time products to add to your registry!
BONUS: For those of you that love to travel I bought this travel kit and it has sunscreen, lotion, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, diaper rash cream, and even bubble bath! They all are airline approved size. It also makes a great baby shower gift!