There’s almost nothing worse than a blowout in public and not having any extra diapers, wipes, or clothes on hand. I learned very quickly with my baby to have a well-stocked diaper bag. Here’s what I keep in mine:
*Disclaimer-This post may contain affiliate links, but every link leads you to products that I have used and love! Read the full disclosure here. *
• 5-10 diapers – If you are cloth diapering then make sure to include a wet/dry bag. Also make sure to switch them out when your baby goes up a size.
• Package of wipes – Wipes are great for diaper changes and cleaning up any other messes.
• Extra set of clothes- Make sure to switch out sizes as your baby grows!
• Grocery Bags- for those dirty clothes
• Dog Waste Bags – for those super stinky diapers! I prefer to use the dog waste bags because I can buy them in bulk for a cheaper price then the ones designed for diapers, and they do the same thing!
• Feeding accessories- If you are bottle feeding then have some extra formula and a bottle. I like to use the liquid Ready to Use or the individual packets for on the go. If you are breastfeeding then add lanolin and a cover.
• Burp Cloths- I had 2 extra and it was worth it when spit up happened!
• Mittens – For those tiny fingernails that scratch so easily.
Toddlers require everything that the Infant has, plus a few things.
• Snacks- Puffs are a great option.
• Toys- Toddlers get bored so easily! Having a couple toys or books on hand can be a life saver.
• Sunscreen- I bought this California Baby Eco Traveler Kit and it has the perfect sized lotion and sunscreen in it for a diaper bag.
• Anti-bacterial wipesAntibacterial Wipes – I use them to wipe down grocery carts before I put my baby in it. I like the small packets because they fit better in the diaper bag for travel.
• Teether- Must have for teething baby!
• Hand Sanitizer – I like this one because it can easily hook to the outside of the diaper bag so I don’t have to dig around for it.
• Hard Candy/Gum
• Tide-to-go pen
It seems like a lot, but I invested in this diaper bag and it’s AMAZING. It has many easy -to -get-to pockets, it has clips so it can be hooked to a stroller or shopping cart, it has a ring on the outside to hook keys or hand sanitizer, it’s gender neutral so it works with any gender of baby and my husband is comfortable hauling it around…and so much more! I seriously could go on forever about how amazing it is!
Now you’re ready to tackle the outside world with a baby. Good luck!